Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Telling stories with Storify

I am having a lot of fun playing with Storify at the moment. This is an online tool that allows me to bring together websites, tweets from Twitter, Facebook updates etc to tell an online story. 

It uses 'drag and paste' functionality which is extremely easy to use. And better still, you can use a Storify book mark that sits in your browser to capture items to put in your story line (sorry, not easy to explain....best you go and have a play yourself to see what I'm trying to say).

At the moment, I have only used it to capture conversations on Twitter but am sure it can be used more extensively. 

Have you used Storify? What do you use it for?

Image: 'Reading Time'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12692384@N00/255230682

7 comments:

Helen said...

Hi Sarah, I have used it a few times as you mostly for twitter related stuff, but i did utilise it last year for COT2011 as i was not able to attend last year. Great tool. I am playing with webdoc right now which is similar.

starpath said...

Hi Sarah, another interesting tool.I like the way you have Storified the tweets about why people find Twitter useful and fun. Like other tools, it is in the creative use of them that they come alive. Everyone may find it useful in a different way.

Sarah Stewart said...

Anne-Marie Cunningham also uses Storify well: http://wishfulthinkinginmedicaleducation.blogspot.co.nz/2012/06/cpd-and-clinical-discussion-on-twitter.html

austinhduggan said...

How nice!! For my part, I love an app for the classroom: Nearpod. It works on ipads and it's free :)

Sarah Stewart said...

Is there an Android equivalent, Austin?

austinhduggan said...

No, but I think they'll be releasing one soon. Have you tried contacting them? They have an account on twitter.

Sarah Stewart said...

Will do, Austin...thanks.