Wednesday, April 5, 2017

What are your tips and tricks for getting "back to midwifery basics"?


I am on the editorial committee of the Australian Midwifery News and we're looking for articles for the next edition which has "back to midwifery basics" as its theme. The deadline for submission to the editor is the 10th April, but I am sure that can be negotiated if you would be interested in submitting an article.

This has got me thinking about what I would say about how to get back to midwifery basics.

There are lots of things, especially clinical tips and tricks, that I could talk about, but I feel they all lead back to four key 'back to midwifery basics' principles:
 

If you are a midwife, what do you feel we should be "getting back" to? If you are a pregnant woman, what "basics" do you believe midwives should be focusing on?

Image: Chlot's Run https://www.flickr.com/photos/chiotsrun/5908995656

1 comment:

HealthTimes said...

Good read. Thanks for sharing some tips.